What is Falling for the Backup?

Posted by Fri, March 29, 2013

novella

So I know everyone has been asking me what Falling for the Backup is. First, yes I know that thing says Backup, but we all know the name has changed, but anyways, I dont have the official blurb yet for FFTB but when I do I’ll make sure to post it. For now though, here is the unofficial blurb.

Falling for the Backup

An Assassins novella by Toni Aleo

Sometimes having an unknown future is the best thing to have.

After an injury, Jordan Ryan, finds himself backup to the Assassin starring goalie Tate Odder. He hates not being in between the two pipes, hates warming the bench and only playing when Tate needs a break. He is bitter and he is angry, ready for his chance to shine again but he finds that he wont get that chance on the Assassins. With his confidence in the dumpster, Jordan looks for another team. He is ready to start his life with another team, what he is not ready for is to meet Aynslee Shaw before he gets there.

Aynslee Shaw is coming home from a horrible wedding when she meets Jordan. She is stunned by his gorgeous eyes and sexy body and is convinced that it is love at first sight. After moving to Nashville after breaking up with her long term boyfriend, Aynslee is ready to start dating again. She has a great life in the heart of Nashville, teaching at the best school in the state and soon thinks that Jordan will be the final piece she has been looking for her whole adult life but what she isnt ready for is the roller coaster that Jordan puts her on. She thinks it should be easy, they are great together but Jordan is holding back. When Aynslee finds out the reason why, even though she knows she should turn away, she cant.

This story is about love (of course) and how even though you may not know what will happen in the next six months, as long as you have that person you love more than anything, everything will work out.

d8793242-1f4b-401a-adc3-228479ed55fcwallpaper

God, I suck at those things ! lol. Oh well, thats what FFTB is about, if that even tells you anything. I am hoping for a end of May, early June release but as soon as I know for sure when this will happen, I’ll let y’all know! Thanks so much! Comment below to let me know what you think!!!!!!

11 Comments

• Samantha says:

Wonderful! I can’t wait!!

• Ginger Robertson says:

I think it’s going to be an awesome book. And the sooner the better.

• Michelle says:

Can’t wait!!!!!

• Meggan says:

So excited I am ready for more hockey hotties and nobody writes about them like you do Toni! I fall in love with your books and characters every time. It’s awesome that we are getting something to experience Assassins hockey again until Bluelines comes out.

• Margo says:

Oh my is sounds AWESOME!! I can’t wait to read it! May isnt that far away!!!

• Chrissy says:

I am excited to read this!

• backup says:

An impressive share! I’ve just forwarded this onto a colleague who has been conducting a little research on this. And he actually bought me lunch due to the fact that I discovered it for him… lol. So allow me to reword this…. Thank YOU for the meal!! But yeah, thanx for spending time to discuss this topic here on your web page.

• Catherine says:

So excited!! Started the countdown! Are you going to be at the book expo in NYC 5/30-6/1?

• Marisa says:

Yay! Ever since Jordan Ryan was introduced, I’ve been wanting to hear his story. So glad he’s getting the spotlight somewhere :)

• Kamalani says:

I NEED THIS BOOK RIGHT NOW PLEASE K THANKS :)

• Think about what you knew moving in versus everything you wish
    someone would have told you. This generally is a little more
    expensive compared with the other gifts for mom ideas but these are the sort of gifts
    that will get passed around even though many generations.
    ” Then purchase a one year magazine subscription of her favorite topic.